Many organizations see well-being surveys as temperature checks but are unsure of what they are actually investigating.
Because what is well-being in the workplace, really?
If the purpose of the survey is not well thought out, and if you don't ask the right questions in the well-being survey, you won't get the right answers.
Often, about 80% of the responses in the well-being survey are predominantly positive, and then the management thinks that there is no need to do more. But it still means that there is a need for improvement in the remaining 20%.
In the worst case, it creates conflicts in the workplace where employees become frustrated and tired of all the surveys and questions when they don't see any changes happening in the organization.
Therefore, it is important to ask yourselves, "what do we want to use this well-being information for, and how can we disseminate it throughout the organization?" Explains carsten sørensen.
Remember, the well-being survey is a tool with the purpose of improving the status quo.